Ver la página preparatoria del evento en:
OUTLINE AND INVITE
The International Society of Horticultural Science (ISHS) and Universidad Técnica Federico Santa Maria cordially invite you to attend to the International Symposium: Organic Matter Management & Compost Use in Horticulture to be held in the beautiful city of Valparaiso , in Chile, october 20 - 25, 2013.
Valparaíso, known as “The jewel of the Pacific”, declared by UNESCO as Patrimony of the Mankind, is a magic place where you will find a mixture of tradition and modernity, in to the hills and in front of the Pacific Ocean. Close to the city, you will find intensive horticultural in the fertile soils of the Aconcagua valley, and in the poor soils of the hills of the coastal range. The use of organic matter in the latter is a key management to produce high yields and quality.
We would be glad of receiving your contribution in one of the following subjects:
- Impact of compost, organic amendments, and organic matter on climate change.
- Organic matter as indicator in desertification and restoration processes.
- Production technologies for compost and compost-derived products.
- Compost and organic amendments and food & child safety.
- Potential horticultural applications of compost, compost-derived products & mulch.
- Managing organic matter in conventional and organic horticultural production systems.
- Identifying and quantifying environmental, economical and societal benefits of using compost & mulch.
- Compost & organic amendments and soil-borne diseases.
- Quality standards and legal requirements for raw materials and compost compost-derived products, mulch, and other organic soil amendments.
- Other uses of compost and compost-derived products in agriculture and soil restoration.
We look forward to seeing you in Valparaíso.
Rodrigo Ortega BluConvenerishs2013chile@usm.cl